Mary Ann Couch supports her clients in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, natural resources, employee benefits, and financial services. She litigates in trial and appellate courts across the Southeast, and is licensed in both Alabama and Florida.
Mary Ann is prepared for every phase of litigation—from drafting and arguing dispositive motions and summary judgment briefs, deposing and interviewing witnesses, and navigating discovery disputes, to preparing for and participating in trial.
She has also handled dozens of state and federal appeals, and has successfully argued several cases before Florida appellate courts. Mary Ann also advises clients on workplace issues and best employment practices and policies.
She has experience drafting severance agreements, handling EEOC charges and claims for harassment and discrimination, and consulting with clients on compliance with various state and federal laws. Mary Ann also represents employers and insurers in ERISA litigation defending against benefit and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
In addition to her civil litigation practice, Mary Ann leads a team of attorneys representing pro bono an Alabama death-row inmate in a Rule 32 post-conviction proceeding.
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2011, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Order of the Barristers; Executive Editor, Alabama Law Review; Hugo L. Black Scholar Award; John A. Campbell Moot Court Board 2010-2011; Jessup International Law Moot Court Team
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 2008, cum laude; Sigma Tau Delta, International English Honors Society; Notre Dame Symphony Orchestra
Clerkships : UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS, 11TH CIRCUIT, CHIEF JUDGE JOEL F. DUBINA, 2011 – 2012
Professional & Community Activities :
- Defense Research Institute, Women in the Law, Marketing Committee Member
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Florida State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
Rate : $$$$