Mary Katherine Fackler focuses her practice on bankruptcy, with particular emphasis on the representation of Chapter 7 trustees, Chapter 11 debtors, and creditors. Katie’s experience also includes including general debtor-creditor law, breach of contract, business torts, insurance, shareholder disputes, real estate, fraudulent transfers, landlord-tenant claims, and judgment recovery.
Katie serves as president of the Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Association and as co-chair of the Jacksonville Bar Association’s Professionalism Committee.
Notable Work :
- Restructuring: Represented Chapter 11 debtors in restaurant restructuring of approximately 350 locations across the United States.
- Multi-Level Bankruptcy: Represented unsecured creditors, secured lenders, equity committees, and landlords in various aspects of bankruptcy matters, including avoidance and preference actions, fraudulent transfers, executory contracts and unexpired leases, workouts, and allegations of automatic stay violations.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2009, cum laude, Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy, Senior Research Editor; Legal Drafting Book Award; Social Division & Reconciliation Seminar Book Award
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, English, 2005
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
Professional Experience :
- Judicial Intern to the Honorable Timothy J. Corrigan, United States District Judge for the Middle District of Florida, Summer 2008
- Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Association, Board Member; President
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Professionalism Committee, Co-Chair
- Federal Bar Association, Jacksonville Chapter, Member
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court, Barrister
- Fourth Judicial Circuit, Grievance Committee, Member
Rate : $$$$