With nearly 20 years of commercial litigation experience, Mary Haas maintains a broad and diverse litigation practice handling a wide variety of breach of contract, fraud, and business tort claims, including claims involving theft of trade secret and other forms of unfair competition.
She has extensive experience in real property litigation, including commercial lease disputes, slander of title, and boundary disputes. As an experienced creditor’s rights lawyer, Mary is also skilled in the enforcement of promissory notes and security agreements, as well as pre- and post-judgment collection mechanisms. Mary’s clients include entertainment companies, financial institutions, health care providers, and real estate companies.
- Represented a large media company in a breach of distribution agreement dispute
- Successfully represented a large communications company in an employee discrimination case; unanimous defense verdict
- Represented a consortium of mental health care providers in a dispute involving the rollout and implementation of a medical billing software system
- Represented outdoor advertising agencies in zoning disputes with county and state agencies
- Handled several enforcement of judgment actions totaling millions of dollars, including foreclosure and bankruptcy work
Professional & Community Activities:
- Vice Chair, Head of Legal Committee and Board of Trustees, Westside Neighborhood School
- Board Member, Los Angeles Chapter, Association of Business Trial Lawyers, 2012-present
- J.D., The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, 1990
- Student Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Contemporary Health Law & Policy
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award in Contracts
- B.A., History, University of Michigan, 1987
Rate : $$$