Mary Jane Peal handles all phases of patent litigation, from pre-filing investigations through appeals. She oversees discovery, including electronic discovery and subpoena responses. She has prepared motions based on standing, noninfringement, joint infringement and invalidity. Her experience includes working with expert witnesses and company witnesses.
She prepares design-around solutions, attends depositions, and works with opposing counsel and joint defense groups. She works on issues related to the International Trade Commission and nonpracticing entities.
Mary Jane deals with indemnification claims, and she participates in negotiations with clients’ third-party partners regarding patent infringement issues. She analyzes offensive and defensive patent portfolios. Mary Jane responds to notice letters, cease and desist letters and inquires by licensees. She analyzes patent assets involved in standards bodies. Her work includes experience with the Bayh-Dole Act, technology transfer offices and field-of-use agreements. She prepares intellectual property license agreements and presentations for licensing negotiations.
For over eight years, Mary Jane has worked on patent prosecution matters. She manages prosecution of U.S. and international patent portfolios, and she directs prior art searches. She works on reexamination and reissue matters. Mary Jane has prepared petitions for inter partesreview. Her work includes clearance, noninfringement and patentability opinions. She advises clients on patentable subject matter, directed prosecution and intervenor rights.
- Athletic apparel
- Computer software and hardware:
- Search, security (authentication/encryption), mapping, interface elements, online advertising, client/server architecture
- Semiconductors, keyboards, touch screens, gaming units/peripherals, wireless receivers, smart phones
- Food processing
- Mechanical devices
- Medical devices
- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2005 (Certificate in Intellectual Property Law)
- B.S., University of Kansas, 2001 (Microbiology)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- International Trade Commission Trial Lawyers Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
Rate : $$$