Mary Pat Dwyer advises clients through government investigations, enforcement actions, and regulatory matters. Mary Pat has significant experience counseling clients through internal investigations and criminal and civil inquiries from federal regulators. She regularly assists clients with obtaining clearance from the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) for cross-border transactions.
Mary Pat also counsels clients on compliance with international trade laws, including economic sanctions, tariffs, anti-money laundering laws, and export controls.
Mary Pat maintains an active pro bono practice, with a focus on immigration law and policy. Her recent pro bono work includes obtaining asylum for an unaccompanied child and securing repatriation for a wrongfully deported permanent resident.
Prior to joining O’Melveny, Mary Pat was a law clerk for the Honorable Stanley Marcus of the US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and the Honorable Graham C. Mullen, III of the US District Court for the Western District of North Carolina.
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Duke University, J.D., summa cum laude; Order of the Coif, 2014
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., cum laude, Political Science, 2011
- Honorable Graham C. Mullen, III, US District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- Honorable Stanley Marcus, US Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Rate : $$$