Mary B. Touchstone is a Partner and Head of the Fund Finance Practice at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP. Mary has helped to establish Simpson Thacher as a global leader in the representation of financial sponsors in fund financings. She is widely acknowledged as a leading lawyer in the subscription credit facility market and represents many of the world’s preeminent sponsors of private equity, real estate, energy, infrastructure, debt and other investment funds on the largest and most complex fund facilities.
Mary and her team regularly work on a wide variety of fund level financings,
- including secured and unsecured subscription (or capital call) facilities, with borrowing capacity for the fund as well as its parallel funds, alternative investment vehicles and portfolio companies;
- fund guarantees and other credit support of portfolio level financings;
- NAV-based facilities and hybrid variations provided as aftercare facilities for funds that are later in their life cycles with less uncalled capital and more portfolio asset value;
- credit facilities for managed account vehicles;
- employee co-investment loan programs;
- management lines to investment advisers for working capital purposes; and
- liquidity financings for registered funds.
Mary serves as Vice Chairman, and member of the Board, of the Fund Finance Association and as Co-Chair of the U.S. Committee of Women in Fund Finance. Mary received her A.B. from Duke University and her J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, 1988 J.D.
- Vanderbilt Law Review
- Duke University, 1985 A.B.
- cum laude
- Vice Chairman and Member of the Board of the Fund Finance Association
- Co-Chair of the U.S. Committee of Women in Fund Finance
- New York 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York 1993
Rate : $$$