Matt Abee is an associate in the Columbia office of Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP where he practices with the Tax Lien, Escrow, Lost Property and Redemption Group. He also works in the areas of appellate, business litigation, consumer financial services litigation, and employment litigation.
Matt also has experience with litigating international child abduction cases under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction and the International Child Abduction Remedies Act.
Matt has argued before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit in Richmond, Va. and the South Carolina Court of Appeals in Columbia, S.C. He has also tried cases in the Federal District Court for the District of South Carolina and the Eastern District of North Carolina. He has also assisted with trials in the Federal District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina.
- University of South Carolina School of Law, JD (2013)
- Wofford College, BA, Government and Spanish with concentrations in Latin American/Caribbean Studies and World Politics (2010)
- North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
Previous Professional Experience:
- Student Law Clerk, South Carolina Senate Judiciary Committee (2011-2013)
- Intern for Justice Kaye Hearn, South Carolina Supreme Court (Summer 2012)
Rate : $$$$