Matt Bahleda is an associate in O’Melveny’s Los Angeles office and a member of the Labor and Employment Practice. He frequently represents companies and individuals in a variety of complex civil litigation matters.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.: cum laude; Executive Comments Editor, Michigan Business & Entrepreneurial Law Review
- Western Michigan University, B.A., Political Science and Philosophy: summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
Bar Admissions : California
Professional Activities :
- California Labor & Employment Bar
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Dinner Committee
- Represents major private employers, including the world’s largest airlines, in all aspects of labor and employment litigation, including labor relations, class action, wage and hour, wrongful discharge, discrimination, and whistleblower cases
- Regularly drafts company policies and employee handbooks and advises clients in the navigation of complex federal, state, and local labor and employment laws, including the California Labor Code, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the National Labor Relations Act, the Railway Labor Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and local wage and sick leave ordinances
- Frequently researches and drafts persuasive arguments in litigation, handles all aspects of written discovery, and interviews witnesses and gathers declarations to successfully oppose motions for class certification
- In the pro bono sphere, Matt has served as Deputy City Prosecutor and chaired and co-chaired multiple successful jury and bench trials, including a 5-day jury trial.
Rate : $$$