Matt Carter’s practice includes litigating bid protests, conducting internal investigations, representing companies and individuals in suspension and debarment proceedings, and providing regulatory and compliance advice.
Matt has prosecuted and defended over 50 bid protests at the Government Accountability Office (GAO), the Court of Federal Claims, and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, including over 30 GAO victories.
He is active in the ABA’s Public Contracts section and serves as a Vice-Chair of that Section’s Suspension and Debarment Committee. A former Division One athlete, Matt also has been recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star for Government Contracts in 2016 and 2018.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Prosecuted and defended more than 50 protests covering a wide range of procurements, including in the fields of aerospace and defense, health care and information technology.
- Successfully defended numerous defense contractors in False Claims Act litigation.
- Successful pre-award protest of $5+ billion Department of Education solicitation resulting in corrective action and permitting our client to rejoin the competition (Navient Solutions, LLC. v. United States, No. 18-1679 (Fed. Cl. Nov. 14, 2018)).
Associations : Vice-chair of the American Bar Association, Public Contracts Law Section, Suspension and Debarment Committee.
- J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, 2011
- B.A., Loyola Marymount University, 2008
ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$$