Matt DePaz’s practice focuses on the defense of multinational companies in complex products liability and class action litigation.
During law school, Matt served as an assistant editor and staff editor for the Northern Illinois University Law Review, and he represented his school in the Phillip C. Jessup International Moot Court Competition.
Additionally, Matt practiced as a senior law student representing underprivileged juveniles in delinquency hearings at the Zeke Giorgi Legal Clinic in Rockford, IL. Matt was also an active member of the Latino Law School Association and a law student member of the Defense Research Institute – The Voice of the Defense Bar.
Prior to working at Shook as a summer associate, Matt interned at Walgreen Co. in the Regulatory Law Department where he assisted in-house counsel on various state and federal regulatory matters.
Before law school, Matt interned for Shire PLC where he helped train pharmaceutical salesmen and compose a marketing campaign.
- J.D., magna cum laude, Northern Illinois University College of Law, 2013
- NIU Law Review, Assistant Editor
- Phillip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court
- B.A., University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- Defense Research Institute, Young Lawyers – Diversity Committee
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Young Lawyer’s Section, Public Service Committee and Social Committee
- Diversity Committee – Recruitment & Retention
- Lawyer’s Association of Kansas City
- The Missouri Bar
- Future of the Profession Task Force, Legal Education – Entry Into the Profession Subcommittee
- Biotech and Life Science Committee
- Committee on Diversity
- Products Liability Committee
Rate : $$$$