Matt Hrebec work at Foster Swift Collins & Smith PC. As a member of the Business and Tax Practice Group, Matt Hrebec primarily practices corporate transactions, securities regulation and employee benefits. He represents clients from a wide range of industries in all types of corporate transactions.
Because of his breadth of knowledge and reputation for practical and highly effective solutions, he is often called upon by his clients to serve as general counsel. A more detailed listing of Matt’s services follows:
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Purchase and sale of businesses; tax-free and taxable transactions; reorganizations; stock for stock exchanges; asset sales.
- Securities Regulation: Private offerings, Initial Public Offerings (IPOs), secondary offerings, broker/dealer regulation, customer disputes, Williams Act reporting, Exchange Act reporting and compliance.
- General Counsel: Corporate governance; business entity selection, organization and planning; board and officer succession planning; shareholder agreements.
- Banking Law: State and federal regulation; Bank holding company matters; PATRIOT Act; bank branching; executive compensation; sales and acquisitions.
- Employee Benefits: Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs) , non-qualified deferred compensation, stock based compensation, including phantom stock and stock options.
Matt earned both of his degrees at the University of Michigan. A lifelong Michigan resident, Matt is active in the community and enjoys spending time with his family. He has also served as a member of Foster Swift’s Executive Committee.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1988
- University of Michigan, B.B.A., 1986, with high distinction
Bar and Court Admissions:
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Rate : $$$$