Matt Schock is a skilled lawyer with extensive trial experience. He handles a broad spectrum of high stakes litigation and specializes in antitrust and competition issues. He also counsels clients in a variety of industries on antitrust regulation matters, corporate investigations, and corporate governance.
Matt maintains an active pro bono practice focused on immigration and public education. Before joining O’Melveny, Matt was a sommelier in New York.
- Trial Experience:
- United States v. AT&T, et al.: Defended $85 billion AT&T-Time Warner merger against challenge by US Department of Justice
- US Airways v. Sabre: Obtained unanimous jury verdict for major US airline on anticompetitive restraints claim against airline ticket distributor
- FTC v. Sysco, et al.: Defended Sysco against FTC challenge to company’s proposed merger with US Foods
- Antitrust and Competition:
- Defended Dealertrack Technologies against shareholder and US Department of Justice challenges to company’s acquisition by Cox Automotive
- Defended major US airline in nationwide multi-district class action antitrust litigation
- Defended food manufacturer in price fixing investigation and prosecution by US Department of Justice
- Advised DigitalGlobe on $3.6 billion sale to MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd.
- Advised clients in transportation, hospitality, construction, and technology industries on a variety of antitrust and competition issues
- District of Columbia
- New York
- US District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- US Court of Appeals, District of Columbia
- University of Pennsylvania, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, Masters, Clinical Bioethics
- New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, B.F.A.
Rate : $$$$