Matthew Freeman is a government contracts trial lawyer who concentrates on national defense industries with a specialization in intelligence, information technology and contingency contracts.
Prior to joining Duane Morris, Mr. Freeman served on active duty in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps as a government contracts attorney, including a combat tour as a legal advisor to the Senior Contracting Officer in Afghanistan and follow on assignment to the Pentagon.
Due to his government-military experience, Mr. Freeman possesses unique insight into the complex government contracting and acquisition processes that allows him to anticipate issues, assess litigation risk and develop practical solutions.
Mr. Freeman’s experience includes assisting clients with all aspects of the Federal Acquisition Regulation, contract-related statutes and federal agency policies involving services and supplies vital to national defense and infrastructure throughout the U.S., Europe and the Middle East.
In his career, Mr. Freeman has administered hundreds of federal government contracts and litigated more than 60 bid protests and contract claims before Government Accountability Office, Armed Service Board of Contract Appeals and U.S. Court of Federal Claims as a trial attorney for the Army’s Contract and Fiscal Law Division.
Prior to earning his J.D. in 2005 from Chicago-Kent College of Law, Mr. Freeman graduated with a B.S. in Accountancy from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Mr. Freeman studied Federal Procurement Law and Federal Contract Law at the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s School in Charlottesville, Virginia. Additionally, Mr. Freeman was an instructor at the Pentagon Fiscal Law Course.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2005
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.S., 2001
Admissions : Illinois
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, Government Contracts Trial Attorney, 2017-present
- U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps
- Government Contracts Trial Attorney, Washington, D.C., 2015-2017
- Government Contracts Attorney Advisor, The Pentagon, 2013-2015
- Government Contracts Attorney Advisor, Kabul, Afghanistan 2012-2013
- Frederick F. Cohn, LLC
- Associate, Criminal Defense Attorney, Chicago, Illinois, 2007-2008
Rate : $$$$