Matthew Secrist focuses his practice on employee benefits and executive compensation matters. He has experience in a wide range of employee benefits matters, including tax qualified retirement plans, nonqualified deferred compensation plans and arrangements, welfare benefit plans, and COBRA, HIPAA and Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act issues.
He also advises clients regarding compliance with Code Sections 162(m) and 409A. His executive compensation experience includes employee fringe benefit plans, stock option plans, supplemental executive retirement plans (SERPs), employment agreements and severance plans.
Matthew also has experience in advising tax-exempt entities from formation to termination, as well as representing clients in controversy proceedings before the IRS and Department of Labor.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Member, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Trustee, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation; CMBF is actively engaged in and funds numerous community programs, including the 3Rs program administered in the Cleveland public schools
- Board Member, Hanna Perkins Center for Child Development; The Hanna Perkins Center is recognized worldwide as a unique and indispensable contributor to the healthy emotional development of children and families in the Cleveland area and beyond
- Cleveland State University, J.D., magna cum laude, 2007
- Cleveland State University, M.B.A., 2007
- Robert Morris University, B.S.B.A., cum laude, 2003
Rate : $$$