Matthew S. Arend has significant experience in health care contracting, defending health care clients in medical negligence matters, federal False Claims Act qui tam defense and other litigation involving claims of health care program fraud and abuse.
He focuses on handling business and fiduciary litigation matters at the trial court and appellate levels, with an emphasis on complex litigation and class action matters; the defense of health care providers and manufacturers; contract disputes; trade secret and non-compete agreements; and ERISA and other benefits matters.
In addition to his litigation experience, Matt also focuses his practice on all aspects of federal and state privacy and data security issues, including HIPAA compliance, breach analyses, cybersecurity, and state data breach laws.
He also routinely advises clients on compliance with federal and state anti-kickback laws, Stark law, Sunshine Act, Medicare Secondary Payer laws, pharmaceutical marketing rules and other regulatory matters.
Additionally, his thorough knowledge of the health care arena enables him to effectively counsel clients through audits and investigations, administrative hearings and appeals, and enforcement actions, as well as providing training and strategic planning counseling to minimize risks related to non-compliance.
- University of Notre Dame Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2005)
- University of Oklahoma (B.A., 2002)
Bar Admissions : Ohio
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio, Health Law & Policy in the Master’s Department of Health Services Administration, adjunct professor
- University of Cincinnati, Health Law & Policy in the Graduate Program in Health Services Administration at the College of Allied Health Sciences, adjunct professor
- Tri-State Education and Technology Foundation (Drake Planetarium), Board of Directors
- United Way Emerging Leader Society
- Bloomberg Law Health Care Practice Innovation Board, board member
Rate : $$$