Matthew Arenson is a corporate partner in the Chicago office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. His practice primarily involves counseling leveraged buyout and private equity funds and their portfolio companies on structuring and negotiating complex business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures of public and private companies, corporate restructurings and recapitalizations, and debt and equity financings. He also counsels clients on a range of general corporate matters, including corporate governance.
- Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, J.D., 2008 magna cum laude
- University of Michigan, B.A., Political Science, 2004 with High Distinction
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Sidney I. Schenkier, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Chicago, IL, 2006
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Richard D. Cudahy, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit Chicago, IL, 2006
Admission : 2008, Illinois
Matthew has worked on transactions in various industries, including manufacturing, retail, restaurant and food service, professional services, technology and health care.
- AAI Holdings Corp. in its sale to CML Pharmaceuticals
- American Standard Americas in its sale by Sun Capital Partners to LIXIL Corporation
- Belcan in its acquisition of Allegiant International
- Emerald Performance Materials in its sale to American Securities
- Lexington Home Brands in its sale to Yixing Capital and Luolai Lifestyle Technology
- Medical Specialties Distributors in its sale to New Mountain Capital
- Soundcore Capital Partners in its acquisition of Sweeping Corporation of America.
Rate : $$$$