Matthew R. Aumann’s labor relations practice offers both a helping hand and a fierce proponent for employers. His background as an attorney for school districts in Ohio’s complicated education system not only provided the skills necessary to navigate the regulatory minefields of any industry, it also instilled the finesse required to facilitate positive relationships between leaders and their workforces.
A reasonable and deliberate defender, Matthew protects his clients by staying prepared for labor challenges.
- Served as general counsel for more than 100 school boards across Ohio, providing labor and employment counseling, as well as guidance on Americans with Disabilities Act compliance, public records, contract reviews, student disciplinary policies and more.
- Executed traditional labor-related work, including preparing materials and drafting new language for collective bargaining, and filing with the State Employment Relations Board.
- Drafted board policies for Family and Medical Leave Act and regulatory compliance for business owners and school districts.
- Ohio Bar Association
- Ohio Council of School Board Attorneys
Community : AmeriCorps: Service Member (2011 to 2012). Tutored economically disadvantaged students in Seattle.
- J.D., The Ohio State University College of Law, 2015; cum laude, Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution, Managing Editor
- B.A., Miami University, 2011, cum laude
Admissions : U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, Ohio.
Rate : $$$$