Matthew C. Baisley is a seasoned advocate who vigorously defends clients in all phases of litigation, focusing his practice on privacy and data breach class action defense and complex commercial litigation.
In addition to his years in private practice, Matt served for several years as an assistant attorney general for the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, where he led a multi-agency task force responsible for prosecuting public corruption and white collar crime.
In that capacity, he acted as lead counsel in numerous jury trials, bench trials and appellate arguments. Matt is both an experienced trial lawyer and a business-minded advocate. Previously a teacher, Matt has an affinity for counseling.
He strives to provide legal advice that enables clients to make the best business decisions possible given the legal challenges they are facing. When the best business decision happens to be litigation, Matt’s depth of experience makes him a confident and aggressive litigator.
- Represented a healthcare services company in a data privacy class action in which the plaintiffs claim personal health information of hundreds of thousands of individuals was exposed to unauthorized third parties.
- Represented a commercial real estate services company against plaintiff’s claims under the Colorado Security Act and Colorado Organized Crime Act, and claims for fraud, civil theft, civil conspiracy and professional negligence.
- Represented a Fortune 50 company in a class action age discrimination lawsuit and obtained summary judgment on a majority of plaintiffs’ claims.
- Represented a growing technology startup in a breach of contract and antitrust action against a Fortune 500 company.
- Led multi-agency task force responsible for prosecuting white collar crime and public corruption. Acted as first chair for numerous jury trials and bench trials.
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- J.D., Notre Dame Law School, Articles Editor, Journal of College and University Law; Moot Court Competition Best Speaker; Dean’s Award, Constitutional Law
- B.A., Political Science, University of Missouri, Kansas City
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Colorado
Rate : $$$