Matthew I. Bobb’s practice focuses on employment and labor law matters. Matthew’s practice focuses on complex employment litigation with an emphasis on defending employers against wage and hour class and collective actions.
He also has experience representing and advising clients in the areas of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, employee raiding, and trade secrets.
Matthew is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Central, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of California as well as the United States Courts of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
During law school, Matthew served as an extern for Justice Laurie B. Zelon of the California Court of Appeal, Second District.
- Defended national food and beverage provider in multiple putative class actions involving alleged violations of California wage and hour laws.
- Represented California supermarket chain in disability discrimination and wrongful termination trial.
- Defended hospital in putative class action, involving alleged violations of minimum wage, overtime, and meal and rest break laws.
- Defended Southern California grocery chain in putative wage and hour class action, involving alleged violations of seating, overtime, meal and rest break laws.
- Defended employers in various single-plaintiff discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful termination cases.
- Represented clients in various non-competition, employee raiding, and trade secret actions.
- Advises clients on employment matters including workforce reductions, anti-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, and compliance with California wage and hour laws.
- JD, University of Michigan Law School, 2007
- BA, Economics, Dartmouth College, 2003
- Member, California State Bar Labor & Employment Section
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
Rate : $$$