Matthew J. Busch is a member of Venable’s Commercial Litigation Group in Los Angeles. Matt has substantial experience representing clients in complex business litigation, including commercial, intellectual property, and trust and estate disputes.
His experience includes all aspects of litigation in state and federal courts for individuals and national and international companies, including pre-trial and trial practice, motion practice, fact and expert discovery, witness preparation, and mediation.
During law school, Matt served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Dolly M. Gee of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
- Represented a renowned musician in a breach of contract and business tort dispute initiated by a former business partner
- Secured early dismissal for virtual reality pioneer in action for fraud, breach of contract, and negligence relating to the operation and effect of an easement on adjoining properties
- Represented developer of advanced technologies for the electric utility industry in patent litigation in federal district court and before the U.S. International Trade Commission
- Served as litigation counsel for a large digital media company in Los Angeles, including enforcement of its copyrights on digital content it distributes on its highly trafficked network
- Represented entertainer in breach of contract against national alcoholic beverage company in California state court
- Represented one of the largest privately owned national chains of fitness centers in multiple trademark enforcement actions across the United States.
- J.D. Loyola Law School 2015
- B.A. with honors University of California at Berkeley 2009
Bar Admissions : California
Community : Before attending law school, Matt worked as an English Teacher for Teach for America in Dallas, Texas. He is also a contributing author of Roadmap to Success, a college and career preparation manual published by Education Opens Doors, Inc.
Rate : $$$