Matthew C. Guy litigates matters stemming from marine construction, maritime, marine and energy insurance and all aspects of worldwide oil and gas operations. With a truly global focus, Matt handles a great deal of work connected to oil and gas production centers, including the Gulf of Mexico, West Africa, and Europe.
His representation encompasses domestic and international marine construction companies, drilling contractors, offshore service vessel owners, ship owners, shipyards and rig repair facilities, naval architects, marine engineers and designers, as well as their insurers on coverage questions, defense of claims, and subrogation.
Matt started his career in London working for a large firm representing clients in the insurance market there, making him one of a very rare breed of attorneys who are licensed to practice in Texas, Louisiana, and England. He is very familiar with how both the London insurance market and the marine and energy companies insured there operate.
His extensive international maritime litigation experience uniquely qualifies him to marshal and manage responses to disasters and accidents and then to adeptly deal with government entities, insurers, other parties, and the resulting legal actions in their aftermaths.
Using a hands-on, boots-on-the-ground approach to his clients’ inquiries and issues, Matt keeps a hard hat, steel-capped boots, and safety equipment in a duffel bag packed in the back of his car for the times he needs to respond quickly and get on-site as soon as possible.
- Tulane University Law School, LL.M., 2005, Admiralty Law
- Inns of Court School of Law (London, England), 1999, Barrister
- The City University (London, England), Diploma in Law, 1998
- University of Oxford, B.A. / M.A., 1997, Modern History
Professional Affiliations & Memberships:
- The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Tulane Law School Civil Litigation Boot Camp, Faculty Member, 2013-Present
- Tulane Inn of Court, Treasurer, 2015-Present
- Court Watch NOLA, Board of Directors Chair, 2016-Present
Rate : $$$