Matthew O’Connor focuses his practice on the representation of health systems, hospitals, physician groups and other healthcare providers in professional liability suits. Matthew has handled all aspects of pre-trial discovery in state and federal court, including written discovery, expert retention, and fact and expert deposition.
Prior to joining Buchanan, Matthew gained valuable experience defending medical providers in medical malpractice and dental malpractice cases. He also represented clients at arbitrations, depositions, mediations and settlement negotiations.
After graduating from law school, Matthew served as a civil law clerk for the Honorable Louis Meloni, J.S.C., Law Division, Superior Court of New Jersey in Camden County. During his clerkship, Matthew drafted court opinions and observed trials and oral argument on a wide array of civil matters.
In law school, Matthew served as a Staff Editor and a State Constitutional Law Editor for the Rutgers Law Review. He also participated in the Rutgers Family Law Clinic where he acted as a guardian ad litem to children in the Family Division of New Jersey Superior Court.
Matthew prides himself on being responsive and providing clients with a passionate commitment to their defense through all stages of litigation. Matthew is not afraid to provide an honest opinion on his clients’ situation and to fully advise them of any risks involved with the chosen course of action.
- Successfully argued various motions in state and federal court including motions for Summary Judgment.
- Taken plaintiffs’ and experts’ depositions in a wide array of complex medical malpractice cases.
- Participated in successful settlement conferences in state court.
- Rutgers School of Law, J.D., 2015
- Rutgers University, B.A., 2011, Political Science, Minor in Sociology
Rate : $$$$