Matthew J. Carter focuses his practice on corporate and securities matters including advising clients on the formation and structuring of investment advisers and private funds, private equity and strategic buyers and sellers in corporate transactions and the representation of issuers and investment banks in public and private securities transactions.
In addition, Mr. Carter advises clients on a full range of general corporate matters, including corporate governance and securities law compliance matters, SEC disclosure filings and the preparation of annual and quarterly reports and proxy statements. Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Carter served as legislative counsel to a member of the United States House of Representatives.
- Vanderbilt University, B.E., 2003, cum laude
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2010, Law and Business Certificate, Recipient of the Vanderbilt Scholastic Excellence Award: Mergers and Acquisitions Deal Dynamics
- District of Columbia
- PennantPark Floating Rate Capital Ltd. in its acquisition of MCG Capital Corporation.
- Van Eck Associates Corporation in connection with its pending acquisition of assets from Yorkville ETF Advisors, LLC and Exchange Traded Concepts LLC.
- SailingStone Capital Partners in connection with its formation and separation of its management team from RS Investments.
- Representation of a credit-focused investment manager in the structuring and launch of parallel onshore and offshore investment funds.
- Switzerland-based Ferring Pharmaceuticals on its acquisition of Cytokine PharmaSciences Inc. and its UK subsidiary Controlled Therapeutics (Scotland) Ltd.
Rate : $$$