Matthew Davison has first-hand experience with all aspects of employment law and labor relations. Having served as in-house counsel for human resources at an NYSE traded company, Mr. Davison’s experience includes employment issues related to mergers, acquisitions and reductions in force, as well as EEO and affirmative action compliance.
Mr. Davison concentrates his practice on proactively advising clients on issues and disputes arising under both federal and state employment laws such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and the Family and Medical Leave Act. He also represents employers before the EEOC and in federal and state courts when litigation ensues.
A substantial portion of Mr. Davison’s practice is devoted to assisting covered employers in meeting affirmative action obligations, including preparation and review of written Affirmative Action Plans and employer representation through all stages of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs compliance reviews.
Mr. Davison is licensed to practice in Tennessee, North Carolina and the Commonwealth of Virginia, and he is a frequent speaker at programs designed to aid employers. He works out of the Johnson City office.
- University of Tennessee Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- Appalachian State University, B.S., summa cum laude
- North Carolina
Professional Honors & Activities :
- Member – American, Tennessee, Virginia and North Carolina State Bar Associations and Washington County Bar Association
- Allied Attorney – Alliance Defense Fund
- President, Board of Directors – Southern Appalachian Ronald McDonald House Charities, Inc.
- President, Board of Directors – Bluff City Booster Club
Rate : $$$$