Matthew Moersfelder focuses his practice in the areas of trademark, unfair competition, and copyright law, with an emphasis on protecting and promoting clients’ overall brand. His experience includes helping clients obtain domestic and international trademarks, maintain and protect current trademarks, and assert trademark rights against infringers.
Matthew also counsels on a variety of brand-related IP issues, including advertising, maintaining quality control, licensing, and IP acquisition. Complementing Matthew’s counseling work, his practice also includes representing clients in federal and state court, before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB), and in domain name arbitrations.
Matthew’s clients span a broad range of industries, including consumer goods and services, media and entertainment, games and gaming, chemical distribution, fashion and apparel, and travel.
His clients have included Recreational Equipment Inc. (REI), Univar, Alaska Airlines Inc., JetBlue Airways, Kymeta Corporation, Trident Seafoods Corporation, Harebrained Holdings Inc., Frank Russell Company, Car-Freshner Corporation, Suncrest USA Inc., and Strategic News Service.
- Associate, Kenyon & Kenyon LLP, New York, N.Y., 2006-2012
- Summer Associate, Kenyon & Kenyon LLP, New York, N.Y., 2005
- Judicial Clerk, Hon. Richard Linn, United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, Washington, D.C., 2004
Professional & Community Activities:
- Executive Committee Board for Intellectual Property, Washington State Bar Association, 2017-present
- Nonprofit Committee, International Trademark Association, 2012-2015
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 2006, with honors
- Student Advocate, Law Students in Court
- B.S.E., Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan, 2002, magna cum laude
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD) Institute
- Research Assistant, Virtual Reality Computer Programming Development
Rate : $$$$