Matthew G. Greig practices in the area of insurance and reinsurance. Prior to joining Phelps Dunbar, Mr. Greig served as a litigation associate with a New Orleans firm representing the London market in a variety of first and third-party coverage issues.
Mr. Greig is a former Captain in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps. He served as a stability operations advisor and an international and operational law division chief in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.
In his last tour, he defended the Army against lawsuits over release of information as well as large-scale procurement and construction contracts.
- Louisiana State University Law Center, J.D./B.C.L., 2006; Editor-in-Chief, The Civilian
- Millsaps College, B.A. in Political Science, 2003
ADMISSIONS : Louisiana
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Veterans of Foreign Wars – Post 8973
- Bike Easy (Board of Directors, 2015-present)
Experience : Obtained a favorable verdict for a forced-placed flood policyholder following a federal jury trial.
Rate : $$$