Matthew Lindenbaum focuses his practice on defending companies in complex civil litigation with an emphasis on class action defense in consumer financial services matters and securities actions. Mr. Lindenbaum also defends companies and individuals in government investigations and enforcement actions as well as internal investigations.
He represents mortgage lenders and services in actions involving the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), state unfair and deceptive practices acts, and other common law claims.
Mr. Lindenbaum has represented corporations, officers, and boards of directors and their committees in a wide range of business litigation matters, including shareholder derivative lawsuits and other federal and state securities class actions.
He also assists clients with a wide range of general commercial litigation matters and has advised clients on disclosure, corporate governance, litigation avoidance, and other matters.
- Columbia Law School, JD (2004)
- Northwestern University, BA (2001)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts
Clerkships: Law Clerk, The Honorable Michael W. Farrell, District of Columbia Court of Appeals (2004 – 2005)
Previous Professional Experience:
- Partner, Goodwin Procter LLP, Boston
- Associate, Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP, Washington, D.C.
- Editor, Investigations Blog
- Fellow, Boston Bar Foundation Society of Fellows
- Co-chair, Class Actions Committee of the Litigation Section of the Boston Bar Association
Rate : $$$