Matthew D. Geduldig is an associate in the Corporate Department and member of the Private Investment Funds Group. Working with private investment fund sponsors, Matthew advises on the various stages of private equity fund formations, including preparing offering documents, drafting organizational documents and counseling clients on regulatory, compliance and operational issues both during an active fund raise and post-closing.
He represents venture, growth equity and fund-of-funds managers. Some recent fund raises include:
- CRV XVII, a $600 million venture capital fund;
- Frazier Life Sciences IX, a $418.9 million venture capital fund focused exclusively on life sciences investments;
- Greenspring Opportunities V, a $480 million venture capital fund;
- Greenspring Global Partners IX, a $999.9 million fund-of-fund; and
- JMI Equity Fund IX, a $1.2 billion growth equity fund focused on investing in software companies.
Before joining Proskauer, Matthew was a Fulbright grantee in Daegu, South Korea. He taught English and earned the U.S. State Department’s Critical Language Enhancement Award for Korean-language study. The experience gave him a wealth of perspective about paying attention to your surroundings, avoiding assumptions, and using the power of curiosity and thoughtful questions.
Matthew earned his J.D. and M.B.A. from Boston College Law School and the Boston College Carroll School of Management. While at Boston College, he focused on corporate law and corporate finance courses, and spent two semesters in the immigration clinic.
Matthew continues to give back to his community through his pro bono work. His current pro bono work at Proskauer includes two immigration cases, and assisting a veteran seeking a discharge status upgrade as well as state and federal benefits.
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 2015
- Boston College Carroll School of Management, M.B.A., 2015
- Colgate University, B.A., 2010
Admissions & Qualifications : Massachusetts
Rate : $$$