Matthew A. Glazer handles a wide variety of complex commercial litigation in state and federal courts including real estate, toxic tort, products liability, construction and breach of contract matters and has successfully tried hundreds of cases, both civil and criminal.
Additionally, his prosecution background allows him to provide both trial representation and valuable guidance to individuals and corporations who are subjects of government investigations as well as to conduct internal investigations.
Matt has extensive experience helping companies and individuals navigate government investigations, implement compliance programs, and defend against criminal charges. He has represented a diverse range of clients, including large health care service providers, financial institutions, manufacturers, tech companies, and corporate directors and executives.
Matthew earned his bachelor’s degree from Tufts University with a double major in international relations and Spanish. He received his law degree from Temple University Beasley School of Law where he was an editor of the Temple International & Comparative Law Journal. Matthew was also the recipient of the Harry R. Kozart Memorial Prize Fund Award. He is proficient in Spanish.
- Conducted numerous internal investigations for large corporations to assist them in identifying employee misconduct in the procurement and banking fields – and counseling them on navigating the path forward.
- Conducted internal investigation for publicly traded company regarding compliance with government contracting requirements.
- Counsel in a case that resulted in a multimillion dollar verdict on behalf of our client after a two-week jury trial in the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
- Conducted internal investigation for national services company regarding billing practices and mismanagement of company’s resources.
- Conducted internal investigation for agricultural company into fraud by foreign partner and used that investigation to obtain a $9 million reimbursement from the client’s insurance company.
- Represented Valley Forge Convention Center Partners, LP in its $280 million sale of Pennsylvania-based Valley Forge Casino Resort to Boyd Gaming Corporation, an American gaming and hospitality company. This transaction drew on the experience of Cozen O’Connor’s corporate, tax, real estate, litigation, and utility, environmental, and energy attorneys.
- Temple University—James E. Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Tufts University, B.A., 2000
BAR ADMISSIONS : New Jersey; Pennsylvania
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — New Jersey
Rate : $$$$