Matthew J. Guy is an associate in the Construction Group in Baker Donelson’s Mandeville, Louisiana office. Matthew focuses on general civil defense with primary emphasis on litigation of construction matters, including construction contract disputes, construction defect claims, construction delay claims, construction contract preparation and other related issues.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 2010
- Louisiana State University, B.S. in Accounting, 2007
- Louisiana, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana, 2010
- Regularly assists client with Public and Private Works Act claim and lien issues, including successfully obtaining cancellation of Private Works Act liens for property owner.
- Obtained favorable settlement for a general contractor against a subcontractor in a commercial construction dispute.
- Successfully achieved dismissal of claims against general contractor in state court pursuant to arbitration provisions in construction contract.
- Obtained dismissal of claims against general contractor in Louisiana state court due to forum non conveniens.
- Successfully achieved grant of writ application arguing no cause of action on behalf of statutory surety against claims by a subcontractor on a public project.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – Federal Bar Association
- Member – Louisiana Bar Association
- Member – 22nd Judicial District Court Bar Association
- Former Board Member – Alexandria Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
Rate : $$$