Matthew Gaul is a partner in Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey’s Business Services Practice Group, where he represents businesses in corporate, commercial and financial matters. Matthew represents public and closely-held businesses and non-profit organizations in all aspects of their operations, including from formation and start ups and through growth, ongoing operations and exit planning.
He handles mergers and acquisitions, contracts, lending, work outs, corporate governance matters and real estate transactions and leasing. He represents financial institutions in a variety of matters, including commercial mortgages and secured financings.
Matthew has also helped to write several of Connecticut’s business entity laws, including the new Uniform Limited Liability Company Act and Connecticut Entity Transactions Act.
- Society for Governance Professionals
- Business Law Section of the Connecticut Bar Association, Executive Committee
- Chair, Nonstock Corporations Committee
- Committee for drafting the Connecticut Uniform Limited Liability Company Act
- Committee for drafting the Connecticut Entity Transactions Act
- New Haven County Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- ABA Nonprofit Corporation Act Drafting Committee
- Model Nonprofit Corporation Act Drafting Committee
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Boston College, B.A., 2004
Rate : $$$$