Matthew J. Hank defends employers in, and counsels employers concerning, wage-and-hour class actions, discrimination and harassment cases, and actions regarding trade secrets and covenants not to compete. He approaches each matter with the judgment formed by over 14 years of employment practice and with the discipline he honed as both a lawyer and an Army officer.
Representative cases include these :
- Hargrove v. Sleepy’s, LLC, 2018 WL 1092457 (D.N.J. Feb. 28, 2018). Lead defense counsel for the employer in a wage class action. Defeated plaintiffs’ motion for class certification on ascertainability grounds.
- Mazarki v. Bright Horizons Children’s Centers LLC, No. 3:16-1885, 2018 WL 3207379 (M.D. Pa. June 29, 2018). Lead counsel for the employer in an age-discrimination case. Won summary judgment on the ground that plaintiff lacked evidence of pretext.
- J.D., George Washington University Law School, 2000
- B.A., Lafayette College, 1993
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Superior Court of Pennsylvania
- Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Executive Committee, Labor and Employment Group, Federalist Society
- President, Philadelphia Lawyers Chapter, Federalist Society
Rate : $$$