REITS and other public and private entities and private developers turn to Matthew T. Harris to handle acquisitions, dispositions, development, financing and complex leasing of industrial, health care, office and wireless communications properties.
Also well versed in land use and zoning law, Matt has decades of experience in representing clients before planning commissions and zoning boards in connection with required approvals for often complex and controversial projects. Matt is widely regarded as enjoying one of the most diverse commercial real estate practices in the city.
His practice ranges from representing industrial and distribution center clients in the acquisition, disposition, financing and leasing of industrial and distribution center projects on a national basis, to representing health care clients in the real estate aspects of hospital acquisitions and acquisition and development of health care real estate, to serving as real estate counsel to companies on complex corporate relocation projects in Tennessee.
Matt is also regarded as a highly experienced wireless communications attorney with over two decades of experience in representing wireless communications clients in all aspects of real estate matters, including:
- Coordinating all real estate associated with market acquisition and disposition projects;
- Overseeing the firm’s wireless communications real estate team in handling leasing and purchases on a multi-state basis for network new build and collocation projects; and
- Representing telecommunications clients and other clients in the negotiation of distributed antenna system agreements.
Clients hire Matt because he is seasoned and practical and known for the ease with which he communicates with opposing counsel. Matt is known for his affable, non-contentious negotiating approach through which the client’s interest is vigorously protected, and its transaction objective accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Matt also has represented transportation industry clients in the acquisition, disposition and leasing of terminal facilities. This work includes the necessary management of environmental aspects of such facilities and coordination with the Firm’s environmental lawyers to identify and minimize risks associated with impacts of intense commercial vehicle use.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., 1984
- University of Tennessee, B.S., 1980, with honors
ADMISSIONS : Tennessee, 1984
- Represented clients in sale-leaseback transactions of industrial and distribution properties.
- Represented tenants and landlords in build-to-suit industrial projects, each in excess of 500,000 square feet.
- Counsel to REITS in acquisition, disposition, financing and leasing of medical office buildings and distribution center projects.
- Lead real estate counsel to national health care company in connection with the development, acquisition, disposition and leasing of health care facilities for such company.
- Representation of multi-family developers, recreational vehicle retailers and third party logistics companies in project acquisition, disposition, development and leasing.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Nashville, Tennessee and American Bar Associations
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association
- Member – National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
- Member – Hearing Panel, Tennessee Board of Professional Responsibility
- Member – Board of Directors, Family & Children’s Services of Middle Tennessee
Rate : $$$