Matthew L. Hinker focuses his practice on complex Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings representing debtors, creditors, purchasers, lenders and other parties-in-interest in Chapter 11 reorganizations, out-of-court restructurings, and bankruptcy litigation. Matthew’s experience includes a number of industries, including retail, restaurant, hospitality, energy and manufacturing.
- Complex Financial Restructurings:
- Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority and Puerto Rico Aqueduct and Sewer Authority in debt restructuring under PROMESA.
- Oil and gas contractor in the restructuring of more than $500 million in debt through out-of-court restructuring.
- Mexican satellite company Satélites Mexicanos S.A. de C.V. in restructuring of more than $400 million in debt through prepackaged Chapter 11 case.
- Representative Debtor Representatives:
- Aerospace Holdings, Inc., a aerospace component manufacturer.
- Last Call Guarantor, LLC and several of its affiliates, the owners of Fox & Hound and Champs Kitchen & Bar restaurant chains.
- SFX Entertainment, Inc. and its subsidiaries, producers and promoters of live electronic dance music.
- Allens, Inc., a large producer of canned vegetables.
- Liberty Healthcare Group, Inc. and its affiliates, a provider of medical and health care products.
- Indiana Downs, LLC, and its affiliates, the owner and operator of a racetrack and casino.
- GameTech International, Inc. and its affiliates, a designer and manufacturer of computerized gaming equipment.
- Representative Lender/Creditor Representations:
- Secured creditor and postpetition lender to Nine West Holdings
- Secured creditor and postpetition lender to Frederick’s of Hollywood
- Secured creditor and postpetition lender to JW Resources, Inc.
- Secured creditor and postpetition lender to Anna’s Linens, Inc.
- Secured creditor, postpetition lender and purchaser of Eastern Outfitters LLC.
- Secured creditor and postpetition lender to Sega Biofuels, LLC.
- Postpetition lender to Hipcricket, Inc.
- Purchaser of EuroFresh Inc.
- New York
- US District Court, District of Delaware
- University of Maryland, J.D., 2008: cum laude
- Villanova University, B.A., 2004: cum laude
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
Rate : $$$