Mr. Matthew Hurst joined the firm as an Associate in 2016 and practices in the areas of civil litigation and insurance defense. He graduated from the Kennesaw State University’s Michael J. Coles School of Business with a marketing degree, and was named a Dean’s List recipient.
Mr. Hurst graduated cum laude from Mercer University’s Walter F. George School of law, where he was named a Dean’s List recipient and served as President of the Mercer Advocacy Council. While attending Mercer Law, Mr. Hurst represented his school for two years at the Philip C. Jessup International Law Competition in New Orleans, LA. After law school, Mr. Hurst worked as an Assistant Solicitor for Cobb County. While working as a prosecutor, Mr. Hurst sat as lead counsel in more than two dozen jury trials, mostly involving charges ranging from DUI to domestic violence.
- Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University, J.D., 2014, cum laude
- Kennesaw State University, B.B.A. in Marketing, 2006
Admitted to Practice:
- State and Superior Courts of Georgia, 2014
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2015
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 2015
Professional or Trade Affiliations:
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$