Matt Knoedler helps private and public sector clients navigate the intersection of state, local and federal policy hurdles to achieve their goals. Matt helps clients with disruptive technologies, major infrastructure projects or natural resource impacts to work with the highest level government decision makers to resolve regulatory issues.
When such issues require actively monitoring, opposing or supporting legislation, Matt delivers effective lobbying services based on two decades of relationships and expertise at the State Capitol and in Washington DC.
Matt is a former member of the Colorado General Assembly, where he represented the southern communities of Jefferson County. He served as the Ranking Minority Member on the House Transportation and Energy Committee, and played a leadership role in the House on insurance and regulatory issues.
Previously, Matt served as Legislative Director to Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO) and Senior Policy Advisor to Colorado Governor Bill Owens. He advised these leaders on a range of issues, including federal appropriations, natural resources, environment, transportation, homeland security and national defense policy.
Over a three-year period, Matt was Governor Bill Owens’ liaison to 10 of Colorado’s 17 state agencies. He also worked as Legislative Correspondent to the late Congressman Dan Schaefer (R-CO), counseling him on government reform and oversight, ethics and small business, among other topics.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce – Transportation Committee
- American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) (2004-2006)
- Western Governor’s Association Staff Council (2001-2004)
- Rocky Mountain Low Level Radioactive Waste Compact Committee (2003-2004)
- National Federal Facilities Task Force (2001-2003)
- Waste Isolation Pilot Plant Technical Advisory Committee (2001-2004)
- University of Colorado, B.A., 1997
Rate : $$$