Technology Transactions. Licensing. Outsourcing. Cybersecurity. When it comes to structuring, drafting, and negotiating commercial transactions, Matt Karlyn is at the forefront of technology.
Matt has been a technology and licensing attorney for the past 21 years and is now the co-chair of Foley’s Technology Industry Team, as well as a partner in the firm’s Technology Transactions & Outsourcing Practice.
Mattew A. Karlyn is also a member of the firm’s recruiting committee and the co-hiring partner for the firm’s Boston office. Matt’s clients range from Fortune 100 companies to start-ups and he regularly advises companies on all matters involving the commercialization of intellectual property, licensing initiatives, subscription-based economics, and the procurement and use of technology in business.
Matt is also a go-to resource as a technology and licensing specialist for mergers and acquisitions, as well as private equity and venture capital financing.
Matt is a graduate of the University of Chicago (M.B.A., 2004), Temple University School of Law (J.D., 1997), and Union College (B.A., 1994).
Admissions and Professional Memberships :
Matt is admitted to practice in Massachusetts, New York and Illinois.
His professional memberships and affiliations include:
- Julie’s Family Learning Program, member of the board of directors (2012-2017)
- Corporate Law Advisory Board, Strafford Publications and Seminars
- International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP), chair, New England Chapter
- International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP), co-chair, Legal Process Outsourcing Chapter (2009-2011)
- Boston Bar Association’s Intellectual Property Section’s Computer & Internet Law Committee, co-chair (2011, 2012)
- Information Technology Law Association (ITECHLaw), member of the board of directors: (2008, 2009, 2010)
- ITECH Law Annual Meeting & World Conference Planning Committee, member: Chicago (2007), Las Vegas (2008), Seattle (2009), Boston (2010), Boston (2019)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), member
- Chief Security Officer (CSO) Perspectives and CSO Executive Seminar Series, member of the Advisory Board
Rate : $$$