Matthew Vernon Lloyd’s practice involves a wide range of commercial litigation matters. While his focus is primarily on complex commercial litigation and securities litigation, Mr. Lloyd also has experience in administrative law, antitrust, and alternative dispute resolution matters. Mr. Lloyd is also involved in Akin Gump’s pro bono practice.
Mr. Lloyd has been actively involved in every phase of litigation in a wide variety of state and federal actions; working to procure early resolution, and preparing for trial if necessary. Mr. Lloyd’s primary focus is on securities class action and derivative litigation.
Mr. Lloyd graduated from Kansas State University summa cum laude with B.S. degrees in philosophy and political science. He received his J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law, where he was awarded numerous legal writing accolades. While in law school, Mr. Lloyd was executive director of the Legal Research Board, executive editor of the American Journal of Criminal Lawand Teaching Quizmaster for the Legal Writing Department.
Mr. Lloyd’s representative matters include:
- obtaining dismissal in Federal District Court of derivative securities lawsuit alleging directors of publicly traded company made materially false and misleading statements
- representing conflicts committee members of limited partnership in securities class action alleging conflicted process in $11 billion transaction; successfully obtaining dismissal in Delaware Chancery Court
- representing securities broker in arbitration dispute before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- representing national emergency management and third party administration firm in Federal District Court case regarding alleged misrepresentations in purchase and sale of company stock
- representing National Audubon Society and private landowners in dispute regarding destruction of land in ecologically unique habitat in Cedar Hill, Texas; obtaining favorable verdict at trial in Texas State Court and on appeal in the Fifth Court of Appeals in Dallas
- representing publicly traded telecommunications services company in connection with acquisition of satellite television provider, including providing counseling on premerger integration planning and antitrust compliance
- representing partners of accounting firm in investigation and enforcement actions by various state and national oversight agencies
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2012
- B.S., Kansas State University, summa cum laude, 2009
Rate : $$$