Matthew Thompson represents a diverse group of clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt offerings, partnerships, joint ventures, commercial loans, manufacturing and distribution matters, employment matters, executive compensation (including equity incentives), SEC and blue sky law compliance, corporate governance, business formation, entity selection, pre-litigation matters, and other contract negotiations.
Mr. Thompson works with senior executives and acts as primary outside counsel for clients in a broad range of industries. Clients include real estate developers and operators, manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, software companies, advertising and marketing companies, physician groups, pharmacies, hospitals, hospice providers, managed care facilities, financial institutions, building materials companies, shippers, telephone sales companies, golf and country clubs, and professional sports franchises.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, JD, magna cum laude (2004)
- University of Wisconsin–Madison, BBA (2001)
Admissions : Florida , Illinois
- Representation of developers and equity investors in real estate development joint ventures with multiple levels of equity investments, equity financings, senior debt and/or mezzanine debt components, with total development budgets ranging from $5 million to $200 million
- Representation of companies in numerous investments by private equity funds, in either minority or control positions, with investment values ranging from $1 million to $250 million
- Representation of a company in multiple series of common stock, convertible debt and preferred stock offerings
- Representation of seller in $4.5 million asset sale with related technology development and licensing agreements
- Representation of issuer in simultaneous $72 million follow-on stock and $150 million senior subordinated debt public offerings
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member, Illinois Bar Association
- Founding Mentor, FAU Tech Runway, Start-Up Business Accelerator Program
Rate : $$$$