Matthew M. Morrissey focuses his practice on complex litigation matters pending in federal and state courts throughout the country. Matt represents clients in commercial disputes, class actions, internal investigations, securities litigation and other financial services matters.
He also frequently represents clients facing enforcement actions that involve federal, state and municipal authorities. Matt is a regular contributor to the firm’s TCPA blog, which provides breaking news and important insights about the TCPA, and he is a member of the firm’s TCPA Team.
The firm has also featured Matt’s work on its SEC Law Perspectives Blog, which provides reports, discussion, and analysis on noteworthy trends in enforcement and regulatory activity of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Matt maintains an active pro bono practice. He recently worked with a multi-disciplinary team to draft an amicus brief for a U.S. Supreme Court matter. Matt has represented pro bono clients in Section 1983 civil rights actions and cases alleging claims arising under the Federal Fair Housing Act and the Illinois Human Rights Act.
He has also served as a volunteer at a Chicago legal aid clinic where he advised pro bono clients on a variety of civil and criminal matters.
- Currently representing numerous clients in class action cases pending in federal and state courts across the country.
- Represented clients in numerous federal and state class actions alleging violations of the Securities Act of 1933.
- Represented corporate and individual clients in an antitrust class action filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois. The Court granted our motion for summary judgment and disposed of all claims against our clients.
- Represented an international automobile manufacturer in a consumer class action alleging the existence of an undisclosed defect in the transmissions of certain automobile models.
- Represented a major pharmacy chain in a putative nationwide class action alleging violations of the TCPA. Plaintiff agreed to dismiss all claims voluntarily and without any settlement payment after we filed our motion to dismiss.
- Prevailed on all monetary claims in a multi-day, private arbitration proceeding related to a partnership dispute involving a real estate development company.
- Represented a real estate executive in connection with his response to a subpoena related to an ongoing dispute between two large real estate brokerage firms.
- Represented an insurer in an environmental contamination lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin.
- Represented an automobile engineer in an international criminal investigation related to automobile emissions issues.
- Represented a publically traded company in a federal criminal investigation related to its accounting practices and other disclosures submitted to the SEC.
- Represented the Chief Compliance Officer of an investment management company in an SEC investigation regarding the timing of certain bond transactions.
Rate : $$$