Matthew C. Nesburn represents companies engaged in the development, construction, financing, acquisition and disposition of solar, wind and other energy projects, as well as corporate debt and equity investments and divestitures in the energy sector. He provides advice on project design and transaction structuring at every phase of project development and financing, from project inception to equity investment to construction and permanent financing, representing sponsors, equity investors and lenders.
He also counsels clients on real estate aspects of the project development and finance transactions.Matthew has significant experience representing developers and investors in the development, construction, financing, purchase, sale and leasing of commercial, industrial, mixed-use and multifamily real estate developments.
- Represents clients in corporate structuring and in commercial real estate transactions.
- Focuses on global project finance.
- Represented a sponsor in the tax equity, construction debt and hedge transactions for a utility-scale wind project in Texas.
- Represented numerous sponsors and equity providers in tax equity financings of solar portfolios, providing counsel with respect to corporate structuring, equity investment structuring, construction and permanent debt facilities, as well as the acquisition and disposition of the underlying assets.
- Counseled a large independent power producer in connection with the PPA and real property rights negotiations with the offtaker and with tax equity financing of a portfolio of up to 64 commercial solar projects.
- Represented a group of tax equity investors in its investment in a portfolio of approximately 55 C&I solar projects across five states.
- Advised a large, independent power producer in connection with the tax equity financing of 12 operating wind farms located in eight states with a combined capacity of 947 MW, monetizing future tax attributes that will be generated primarily by wind projects acquired out of bankruptcy.
- Acted on behalf of an international solar panel manufacturing and solar energy company in numerous tax equity joint venture partnerships and construction and term debt facilities.
- Represented a group private equity funds in the negotiation of a master purchase agreement to acquire PACE-financed real estate loans from an originator and in the acquisition of the underlying loans.
- Guided an international solar company in connection with numerous residential and commercial tax equity transactions and in connection with “dropdowns” into its yield co.
- Represented a group of private equity funds in the acquisition of numerous portfolios of solar projects.
- Represented a large, independent power producer in connection with the acquisition of numerous solar projects, as well as the tax equity financing and construction and term debt facilities for a portfolio of residential, commercial and utility-scale solar projects.
- Member, Real Property Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association.
- Member, California State Bar.
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, 2004
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, with distinction, 1991
- U.S.B.C., Central District of California
Rate : $$$$