Companies in the manufacturing, private equity, healthcare, insurance, mining and waste management industries benefit from Matthew C. Palmer’s precise approach to assessing risk and devising strategies for achieving clients’ business goals.
He advises clients on completing all varieties of M&A transactions on the buy side and on the sell side, including mergers, joint ventures, asset and stock acquisitions and sale transactions, controlled auctions and equity investments. His practice also involves general corporate matters, including corporate governance and drafting and negotiating various commercial contracts.
Matt represents for-profit and nonprofit organizations and both public and privately held companies in various commercial contexts, including manufacturing agreements, sales agent agreements, distributor agreements, supply agreements and licensing agreements.
In his spare time, Matt serves as an adjunct professor at The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law. Additionally, Matt is a member of the board of directors of the Columbus Marathon where he also holds the offices of Secretary and Chief Legal Officer.
- The Ohio State University, J.D., summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Note & Comment Editor, Ohio State Law Journal, 2006
- The University of Akron, M.A., 2002
- The University of Akron, B.S., summa cum laude, 2001
Admissions : Ohio, 2006
Courts : U.S. Ct. of App., Sixth Circuit, 2006
- Co-lead counsel in representing a publicly-traded manufacturer in its acquisition of a manufacturer of thermoplastic products and resin technologies.
- Lead counsel in the sale of a custom packaging manufacturer and distributor of packaging supplies to a subsidiary of an international buyer.
- Co-lead counsel in representing a publicly-traded mining company in a sell-side change of control M&A transaction
- Co-lead counsel for a manufacturing company in its acquisition of a manufacturer of electron beam systems and custom machine designs created for manufacturers.
- Representing a publicly-traded manufacturing company in drafting and negotiating services agreements and in creating a template sales representative agreement.
- Representing a healthcare technology company in the merger with a large publicly traded company.
- Representing a nonprofit organization devoted to hospice care in its reorganization.
Rate : $$$