Matthew B. Parelman is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Insurance and Financial Institutions Groups. Mr. Parelman joined Debevoise in 2013. Mr. Parelman received a J.D. magna cum laude from the University of Michigan Law School in 2013, where he was the managing editor of the Michigan Journal of International Law. He also received a M.A. in Russian & East European Studies from the University of Michigan in 2013.
Mr. Parelman was the recipient of a Fulbright Research Fellowship to Russia in 2009-2010. Mr. Parelman received a B.A. summa cum laude from George Washington University in 2009 where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
- Blackstone’s Tactical Opportunities Group in its strategic minority investment in Annexus, a leading designer of annuities and insurance-based retirement products.
- AXA in the acquisition of Bermuda-based XL/Catlin Group for $15.3 billion in connection with insurance M&A and regulatory matters.
- Global Atlantic in the reinsurance of $9 billion of fixed annuities and other spread-based reserves of Talcott Resolution, The Hartford’s run-off life and annuity businesses.
- Resolution Life in its sale of Lincoln Benefit Life to Global Bankers Insurance Group.
- Anbang Insurance Group in its proposed $1.6 billion acquisition, later terminated, of Fidelity & Guaranty Life.
- Nassau Reinsurance Group, a Golden Gate Capital portfolio company, in its acquisition of Universal American’s Traditional Insurance business.
- Prudential Insurance Company of America in the sale of a group annuity to JCPenney to reduce JCPenney’s pension liabilities.
- Nassau Reinsurance Group, a portfolio company of Golden Gate Capital, in its $217.2 million acquisition of The Phoenix Companies.
- National General Insurance in its $90 million acquisition of the Lender-Placed Insurance business of QBE North America.
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America in the sale of a group annuity contract to the U.S. subsidiary of Royal Philips as part of an overall transaction that will reduce Philips’ pension liabilities by $1.1 billion.
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America in the sale of a group annuity contract to Kimberly-Clark Corporation.
- Booz Allen Hamilton and The Carlyle Group in several transactions through which approximately $2 billion of Booz Allen Hamilton common stock was sold to the public by Carlyle.
- University of Michigan, 2013, M.A.
- University of Michigan Law School, 2013, J.D.
- George Washington University, 2009, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$$