Matthew R. Parsons is a Member in Stoll Keenon Ogden’s Lexington office. He practices exclusively civil litigation as a member of firm’s Tort, Trial and Insurance Services and Business Litigation practice groups. Matt actively practices in all state and federal courts in Kentucky, the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals, and other jurisdictions around the country as the needs of each client and case dictate.
Matt is past President of the Fayette County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section and previously served on the boards of directors of the FBCA and the Fayette County Bar Foundation. Matt’s litigation experience is broad and spans a number of practice areas and industries, including:
Trucking Litigation: Matt represents commercial trucking operators and lessors against claims of personal injury arising from highway and non-highway collisions. Matt has significant experience defending clients against alleged Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulation (FMCSR) violations, driver negligence, and negligent hiring and training.
Products Liability: On behalf of product manufacturers and distributors, Matt defends against allegations of design and manufacturing defects. As part of his products liability practice, he has defended numerous toxic tort cases, including alleged exposure to asbestos in an occupational and “take home” setting.
Warranty and Business Litigation: Matt represents a wide variety of product manufacturers, including OEMs of industrial components, automotive manufacturers, recreational vehicle (RV) assemblers, and heavy equipment and farm machinery manufacturers, against allegations of breach of warranty and violations of the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (“MMWA”), as well as in general business and contract disputes.
Electric and Gas Utility: Matt defends electric and gas utilities against claims of personal injury, death and property damage resulting from electrical contact, premises liability, and gas fires and explosions. He also represents utilities in regulatory proceedings before the Kentucky Public Service Commission.
ERISA Litigation: Working with plan administrators, insurers, and 3rd-party medical reviewers, Matt defends against claims relating to breach of fiduciary duty, denial of benefits and plan eligibility determinations for ERISA-governed employee benefit plans.
- University of Kentucky College of Law 2008, J.D.
- Indiana University 2002, B.S., Computer Information Systems, with Distinction
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- Fayette County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, past president
- Fayette County Bar Association, board of directors
- Fayette County Bar Foundation, board of directors
- Leadership Lexington Youth Programs, steering committee
- Leadership Lexington, class of 2015-2016
- Central Kentucky American Inn of Court, barrister
- Junior Achievement, volunteer instructor
- Habitat for Humanity, volunteer
- God’s Pantry Food Bank, volunteer fundraiser
- Fayette County Public Schools, volunteer
- Kentucky Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, executive committee
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$