Matthew Phelps is an associate in the New York office and focuses on Intellectual Property Litigation. Mr. Phelps received a J.D. from George Washington University, graduating With Highest Honors, and was a member of the Order of the Coif and the George Washington Law Review. He earned a B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering with University Honors from Carnegie Mellon University and was a member of the National Electrical and Computer Engineering Honor Society (HKN).
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Phelps worked as a software architect at a leading electronic design automation company with a focus on custom integrated circuit design. He has extensive experience designing and developing software to solve complex problems including electronic design automation software for full custom digital, analog, mixed-signal, and RF integrated circuits.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2010
- Carnegie Mellon University, B.S.E.C.E., 1999
Bar Admissions :
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Matters :
- Helferich Patent Licensing v. CBS Interactive et al. Representation of media companies in defense of patent infringement claims involving text messaging (N.D. Ill., USPTO).
- Lattice Semiconductor v. Intellectual Ventures. Representation of a manufacturer of programmable logic devices in defense of patent infringement claims involving programmable logic circuits (D. Del.).
- Nonend Inventions, N.V. v. Samsung Elec. America, Inc. Representation of a consumer electronics company in defense of patent infringement claims involving mobile devices and content streaming (E.D. Tex.).
- Certain Digital Media Devices, Including Televisions, Blu-Ray Disc Players, Home Theater Systems, Tablets and Mobile Phones, Components Thereof and Associated Software (ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-882). Representation of a consumer electronics company in a multi-patent ITC investigation involving mobile phones, tablets, televisions, Blu-Ray players, and home theater systems.
- Certain Semiconductor Devices, Semiconductor Device Packages, and Products Containing Same (ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-1010). Representation of Complainant in patent infringement case involving semiconductor fabrication and packaging technology.
- Certain Wireless Audio Systems and Components Thereof (ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-1071). Representation of Respondents in defense of patent infringement allegations relating to wireless speaker technology.
Previous Experience :
- Cadence Design Systems (2004-2008)
- Neolinear, Inc. (1998-2004)
Rate : $$$$