Partner Matthew Posgay is board certified by The Florida Bar in Civil Trial Law and in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocates. He has tried over 70 cases, with more than 60 to verdict.
Prior to joining Coker Law, Mr. Posgay was a shareholder in a statewide insurance defense firm and the managing partner of their Jacksonville office. However, he knew his talents would be better used to make a difference in the lives of those who suffered personal injury or were dealing with the difficult circumstances surrounding the wrongful death of a loved one.
Mr. Posgay has a long history of involvement in professional, fraternal and civic organizations, serving in leadership positions for many of them. He also volunteers much of his time to the improvement of the legal profession and the community, as both a speaker in The Florida Bar’s Justice Teaching Program, and as a coach and Sunday School teacher.
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts (1991)
- University of Florida , Juris Doctor (1994)
- Florida (1995)
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida (2000)
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida (2003)
Professional Activities And Affiliations:
- Board Certified Civil -Trial Law – The Florida Bar, 2007-present
- American Association for Justice
- The American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Florida Justice Association (Eagle Member)
- Jacksonville Justice Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Florida Super Lawyer, 2010 – present
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2013 – present
- University of Florida National Alumni Association, Lifetime Member
- W.D. Perkins Bar Association
- Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers
Rate : $$$$