Matthew Posthuma is a partner in Ropes & Gray’s private investment funds group in Chicago who focuses on the formation of private investment funds and other transactions involving real estate companies, asset managers and financial institutions worldwide.
Matt handles open- and closed-end funds with a wide range of investment strategies, such as real estate (including core, value-add and opportunistic), private equity, infrastructure, debt, hedge, global and foreign country funds.
He also has expertise in joint ventures, separate accounts, club deals, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and other corporate and securities transactions. Matt dedicates a significant portion of his practice to funds and other investments in Brazil, Mexico and other parts of Latin America.
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 1994; executive editor, Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy
- AB, with highest distinction, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1991; Phi Beta Kappa
ADMISSIONS : Illinois, 1994
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES :
- Village of Hinsdale Board of Trustees (2017-present)
- Village of Hinsdale Finance Commission (2009-2016)
- Apollo Chorus of Chicago, Corporate Secretary and Board of Directors (2003-2008)
Rate : $$$