Matthew R. Raley focuses his litigation practice on products liability, oil field personal injury defense and complex commercial litigation. Driven by his clients’ business objectives, he seeks to accomplish positive outcomes early in the lawsuit by being aggressive, efficient and results-oriented. Matt is highly responsive and keeps his clients informed and involved throughout the entire litigation process.
- Acted as trial counsel for a Fortune 100 heavy equipment manufacturer in a burn fatality case in which the plaintiffs sought $20 million. A take-nothing judgment was entered against the plaintiffs after a two-week jury trial.
- Lead counsel for a Fortune 500 oil field product manufacturer and service company in an oil field personal injury lawsuit in which the plaintiff claimed back surgery was necessary. Case was resolved at mediation.
- Represented an oil field service contractor in an oil and gas well blowout lawsuit involving multiple fatalities.
- First-chair prosecution of more than 10 pipeline easement condemnation cases on behalf of the pipeline division of a major integrated oil company.
- Harris County Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 2005
- B.A., Washington and Lee University, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 2006
Rate : $$$$