Matthew J. Rice advises and represents corporations in complex product liability matters, mass tort litigation and personal injury matters, with an emphasis on defending claims by individuals alleging personal injuries because of exposure to asbestos.
Matthew is experienced in representing large corporations in all phases of litigation, including the development of pre-litigation strategy, taking and defending depositions, the management of discovery, settlement negotiations, and first-chairing trials.
His experience also includes litigating contractual disputes and real estate brokerage commission claims and defending manufacturers in subrogation property damage claims. He is also knowledgeable in corporate investigations.
Prior to joining the firm, Matthew was an associate at a large regional law firm representing corporations in matters involving product liability, mass torts, personal injury, construction, medical malpractice, labor law, property damage claims and losses, and medical devices.
He has counseled numerous clients for almost 20 years with respect to thousands of lawsuits alleging personal injuries as a result of exposure to asbestos. Prior to attending law school, Matthew worked at a software company assisting customers in their use of the company’s software.
Representative Matters :
- Obtained dismissal of an action for an individual involved in a contractual dispute with a large corporation.
- Successfully defended a corporation in a contractual dispute with an individual.
- Counseled ride-sharing companies regarding personal injury claims.
- Secured a judgment in the amount of several hundred thousand dollars for the client following a proof hearing in a New Jersey state court.
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 1998
- Villanova University, B.S.B.A., cum laude, 1994, Finance
BAR ADMISSIONS : New Jersey, New York
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Rate : $$$