C. Matthew Rozier leads the Intellectual Property practice for the Denver office. He focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation before federal district courts and the U.S. International Trade Commission, as well as patent, trademark, and copyright counseling, procurement, due diligence, and post-grant litigation before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Matt’s clients range in size from the largest technology companies to early phase start-ups, and he has experience with a wide range of technologies, including computer hardware and software, medical devices, consumer electronics, communication systems, multi-media processing, wireless networks, and user interfaces.
Matt is a registered patent attorney and has helped clients obtain and protect their intellectual property assets for over a decade. Matt also has experience with trade secret, trademark, and contract disputes.
Representative Experience :
- Represented leading electronics company through Section 337 hearing involving patents directed to digital cellular modulation techniques.
- Defended health insurance company in lawsuit by a software vendor alleging trade secret misappropriation and breach of contract.
- Performed patent due diligence analysis for leading medical device company in support of one of the largest acquisitions in the medical device space in the past decade.
- Defended leading handset and computer maker in multi-jurisdiction patent and licensing dispute regarding mobile computing devices.
- Represented leading headphone maker in Section 337 ITC investigation filed by a competitor involving digital signal processing.
- Managed and directed strategy for international patent portfolio for one of the world’s largest consumer product companies.
- The George Washington University Law School (J.D., 2006)
- Georgia Institute of Technology (B.S., Industrial and Systems Engineering, 2003)
Other Professional Experience :
- Hogan Lovells US LLP, Counsel (2013-2017)
- Fish and Richardson, PC, Associate (2011-2013)
- Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox, PLLC, Associate (2006-2011)
- U.S. International Trade Commission, Law Clerk (2005)
Bar Admissions :
- District of Columbia
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Court Admissions :
- Supreme Court of Colorado
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
Rate : $$$